Holkham is much more than a stately home, and our numerous attractions offer visitors a memorable day out. A visit to Holkham is a perfect excursion for groups, organisations, societies and coach parties and we are happy to liaise with tour operators, travel companies and social secretaries to create an individual package for a visit.
School parties are always welcome and our education programme offers many opportuntiies for children to explore and learn.Click here for more information on education at Holkham.
Our two traditional Christmas Celebrations on the weekends of 7th/8th and 14th/15th December are a great opportunity for groups to get in the festive mood. Click here to read more.
What does Holkham offer visiting groups?
Pre-booked groups of 20 or more people visiting Holkham are able to benefit from the following:
• A department to deal with your booking on a one-to-one basis.
• 10% discount off the advertised admission prices:
Hall, Bygones Museum and Walled Gardens - Group rate: Adult £10.80 or Child £5.40
Museum and Walled Gardens Ticket - Group rate: Adult £6.30 or Child £3.15
• Free admission to the attraction(s) for the group organiser.
• Free admission to the attraction(s) for the coach driver.
• A voucher for the coach driver for complimentary refreshments in the Stables Café.
• Free coach parking.
On arriving at Holkham, your group package will be waiting for you at our Ticket Office in the courtyard, approximately 100 yards from the coach park. Individual tickets and Holkham leaflets will be issued to the group leader whose responsibility it is to distribute them to each group member. We recommend parties remain together until everyone’s tickets have been distributed.
It will take you approximately one hour to visit the Hall and one hour to visit the Bygones Museum and History of Farming Exhibition. A further hour is required to visit the Walled Gardens.
Guide Books are priced at £6.00 and are available to purchase from our Ticket Office or the Gift Shop. The guide is full of background information on the ancestry of the Coke Family, the state rooms in the Hall and also gives a further insight into the rest of the Holkham Estate and its various enterprises. Alternatively there are knowledgeable stewards in the state rooms to answer visitor's questions.
After your visit to the Hall, you exit via the Old Kitchen out into the courtyard. Here you can consider a spot of retail therapy in our Gift Shop, with its wide range of tasteful gifts and souvenirs. Alternatively relax and enjoy some refreshments from the Stables Café. The self-service café serves everything from tea and sandwiches, to a variety of delicious cooked local produce.
How to book a group visit
To contact Holkham and obtain details of our opening times and prices, to receive a brochure, or book your group visit, please use one of the following options:
- Write to Emma Bushell, Marketing Department, Holkham Estate, Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk NR23 1AB.
- Telephone our Marketing Department Tel: 01328 713105.
- Email our Marketing Department click here
- Complete our "Group Bookings" online form. Upon receipt we will contact you.
We are happy to accept payment on the day. Cheques should be made payable to Holkham Enterprises.
Please ensure the following details are supplied:
1) Organiser's name, address, telephone number and any email address.
2) Name of your organisation or society.
3) Date of your visit.
4) Total number of people in your group including coach driver.
5) Estimated time of arrival at Holkham.
6) Type(s) of ticket required. We are happy to supply different ticket types within groups, please
-- specify the numbers required for each category of ticket.
-- Hall, Bygones Museum and Walled Gardens Ticket - Adult or Child
-- Museum and Walled Gardens Ticket - Adult or Child